SF is my home office
I listen intently and ask why a lot. I'm currently a product designer at Causes.com. Previously: Opower, Mule Design Studio, and Viget Labs. I'd love if you emailed me at mccoy dot stewart at gmail dot com.
Interviews on Design Education
I write about design and communication
- How I ask for stakeholder feedback
- Being more intentional about who to ask, when, and about what, can go a long way in reducing miscommunication in the product dev process.
- Why startups should care about App.net
- When App.net became a thing last summer, everyone thought it was a Twitter clone. That’s a huge marketing problem because most people in the startup community still don’t understand that App.net is offering a development platform for social products, one that comes with a clear business model that foregoes advertising, an active community of users, and exciting implications for improved UX across the app ecosystem.
- Thoughts on succeeding at your first UX job
- Design ahead of the product development curve; seek out people to brainstorm with; get critical feedback on even the smallest changes from the rest of your design team; when you give feedback, honor the golden rule; find a mentor that will help you refine your process, and other thoughts on how you can be a better employee and designer.